Friday, November 18, 2011

friday fixations



{owl lover calendar} I spotted this calendar last year and (being the bird lover I am) swooned pretty hard over it. It's back again with more owl prints that you can pick and choose to make your own, customized calendar (for free!).

{thyme} I took a deep whiff of thyme the other day and thought, "I could smell this forever." Why has it taken me so long to get some? It's my new go-to for chicken.

{the branch bunch e-cards} These are just about the cutest most whimsical e-cards I've seen in a long time.

{free 3D letters} This font is great! Print it, cut it out, fold it, and you've got yourself some nifty 3D letters. There are so many possibilities you could use these for (birthdays come to mind), but I think I'm going to do something a little Christmas-y with it.

{kitten covers} Go see!

{rotisserizing} I love doing whole beef and pork roasts on the rotisserie now. They cook faster, the outside is crispy, and the flavour is amazing (I assume from the juices dripping all over). Now if only I could figure out how to get a chicken to stay on there, I'd probably never roast again. (Tying the legs and wings didn't work and the bird ended up flopping all over the place. Any suggestions?)

{posters at walmart} I finally got one of my pictures turned into a poster and I did it at Walmart! I've been wanting to hang one of my Greece pictures in our bedroom (this has been on my mind for way too long), so I thought I'd do a test run at the Mart. Things couldn't have been better. The picture looks amazing, it only took 45 minutes, and it only cost me $20 for a 20x30 print! Plus I didn't have to fiddle around with the clerks, telling them what to do and how to do it. All you have to do is use one of the photo kiosks. I could fiddle around with the sizes until I found the right one for the picture dimensions and I ordered it right there. Plus I didn't have to pay for it until I saw it, so I assume they'd redo it (or write it off) if you weren't happy. Wouldn't this be a great gift?

No comments: